CommunitySkip to content Skip to main navigation
To conduct critical educational research that can improve schools, it is necessary engage with research not from the confines of Academia, but inside school halls, working with teachers, students, and staff. In order to do this type of work, it is vital that IUME partners with local and national schools that share a commitment to improving teaching and learning as well as providing examples of community and/or scholarly partnership.
Our partnerships with schools include but are not limited to: work with teachers on instructional leadership, work with administrators on school climate, work with youth on civic engagement, involvement creating or expanding extended day opportunities, and/or connection to parent and community groups. We are proud of our work with schools on the ground and we are always looking to expand or connections to schools throughout the country.
(The Baylor School, from Chattanooga, TN, who planned a trip to New York and read to local middle schools in Harlem.)
Schools that currently partners with IUME:
- Animo Locke High School, Los Angeles, CA
- Baylor School, Chattanooga, TN
- Brooklyn School for Collaborative Studies, New York, NY
- Central HS, Newark, NJ
- Crenshaw High School, Los Angeles, CA
- East High School, Rochester, NY
- The Heritage School, New York, NY
- Manual Arts High School, Los Angeles, CA
- Roosevelt High School, Los Angeles, CA
- Wadleigh Middle School, New York, NY
- Wilson High School, Los Angeles, CA
- Frederick Douglass Academy II, New York, NY
If you are interested in forging a partnership with IUME please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We would love to hear from you!